Sunday, August 1, 2010

Your Love, My love, Our Love


The poison for my senses

is the sweet reverie of your love

As i gulp it down without question


My heart beating with emotion

Slow and soft the touch of your devotion

Plunging deep into the heart of my numbness


As i cry and freak at the onset of this seduction

My defenses weak against your advances

My resistance but a paper boat in the ocean


My heart was won but with your smile

And i am surprised how it took only a while

To transform me into the cat at your feet


The way your every gesture brings a smile to my face

My eyes go wet and dry, my heart jumps and runs

My sky falls and erupts into a million colors


The way my happiness is hand in hand with yours

i am getting used to enjoying that way

i am but beginning to loving this way, My way.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "To transform me into the cat at your feet"

    This line is just perfect - it's so evocative and tells me so much.

    ReplyDelete